The following terms and conditions apply to all website design, copywriting and editorial services offered by Amberweb UK. By engaging Amberweb UK to carry out design or editorial work for you, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
The “client” is the company, partnership or individual who engages Amberweb UK to carry out website design or editorial services.
Website Design Only
- We do not work on “adult” sites, and we reserve the right to refuse to construct any website which we judge to be infringing any UK copyright laws, or which we consider to contain potentially offensive content.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's website or publications, will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by Amberweb UK, such as website coding, graphic designs, photographs, copywriting, will remain the property of Amberweb UK until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client. Amberweb UK retains the right to display graphics and other website design elements as examples of its work in its website, or other marketing materials.
- For all website design commissions estimated to amount to over £100 in fees, a sum of 50% deposit shall be payable at the start of the project. The remaining amount shall be invoiced at the end of the project.
- Amberweb UK makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed. Equally, we cannot take responsibility for pages which do not display correctly due to older versions of the software used.
- Amberweb UK will submit a client's website to several of the major search engines as part of the website design commission, however, we cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results, as these are outside our control.
- As part of our after-sales service, Amberweb UK will carry out any minor alterations to your website, or try to help you with any other problems with your site in the month following completion of the original website design commission. We will do this free of charge for a maximum of two hours in total, after which an hourly charge will apply. Please note that regular updates to the client’s website do not form part of a website design commission. Website updates may be undertaken on an hourly charge basis if the client so wishes.
- Unless otherwise specified in the project quotation, Amberweb UK assumes that any text will be provided by the client in electronic format and that all photographs and other graphics will be provided physically in high quality print suitable for scanning or electronically in .gif, .jpeg, .png or .tiff format. For any text provided in hard copy only, a charge may have to be made for data entry.
- Amberweb UK may purchase a domain name on behalf of the client. However, subsequent renewal of the domain name is the responsibility of the client, and Amberweb UK takes no responsibility for loss of the domain name if the client fails to successfully complete renewal and payment for the domain name.
- If applicable, a design credit to Amberweb UK will appear at the bottom of a client’s website.
Website Design, Copywriting and Editorial Work
- The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Amberweb UK.
- When you commission Amberweb UK to work for you, we will provide you with a start date and an estimated end date for the project. We will endeavour to meet all deadlines, but reserve the right to change the deadlines if it becomes necessary. If you as the client are late in supplying us with materials necessary for the website, then Amberweb UK will have the right to adjust the end date accordingly.
- If at any point during the project, the client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Amberweb UK judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission. This will be taken out of the deposit first, then an invoice issued for any debit or credit remaining.
- Amberweb UK expects payment by cheque, bank transfer or cash within 30 days of the date on the invoice.
- For international clients (outside UK), an upfront payment of 50% of the total fees quoted will be required before work commences.
- We reserve the right to apply interest to any late payments.
- Any payment returned by the bank or credit card company will incur a £25 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
- Amberweb UK reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
- This agreement is governed by English law.
Amberweb UK reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
If you have any complaints about the quality of service you have received from us please email us directly at email@example.com.
We are based in Bookham, Surrey, which is between Leatherhead and Guildford.
T&C last updated 21 January 2006